Dirt Town Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Server Opportunity

Go down

Move the Server?

A New Server Opportunity I_vote_lcap80%A New Server Opportunity I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
A New Server Opportunity I_vote_lcap0%A New Server Opportunity I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
A New Server Opportunity I_vote_lcap20%A New Server Opportunity I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

A New Server Opportunity Empty A New Server Opportunity

Post  muuphish Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:59 pm

I talked to Alex about this and he said that this was "bigger than him" now, and to put up a thread asking you peeps, so here we are.

A mutual friend of he and I has a commercial-grade server, and he offered to host our map on his server since he has oodles of room he's paying for and not using. What does this mean? Well currently our server is Alex's computer, which suffers the woes of any regular computer. If it were on a commercial server, we'd have little-no downtime, and less chance of map corruption even.

To make things clear, this would cost us absolutely nothing, and our world would be transferred over without hassle, and without any loss of our shit. Our benefits are clear. It may even be possible to maintain Alex as our Godhead, meaning the only changes we'd notice are increased up time, less love, and a new address to type in.

So, what say you? Yay or Nay to this new server?
muuphish
muuphish

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down