Dirt Town Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southern Lord Express progress updates

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Southern Lord Express progress updates Empty Southern Lord Express progress updates

Post  Sandarian Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:32 am

Southern Lord Express progress updates Leg110

Managed to get up to the middle of the snowy ridge before the server went down. Thanks so much for your help towards the end there, Steve! Progress has been relatively quick so far actually and once we get down off of the ridge things should go very very quickly through the plains.
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Southern Lord Express progress updates Empty Re: Southern Lord Express progress updates

Post  Admin Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Oh it goes right through the Great Plains! I love that place.
Admin
Admin
Admin

====
Trading: gold
Building: cocks

https://dtcommons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Southern Lord Express progress updates Empty Re: Southern Lord Express progress updates

Post  Sandarian Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Yes!

And I plan to plug the Katalonia line into Concourse C in the terminal next time you and I are both online at the same time. Concourse A i'm planning to extend and split off a line northward to Honeywell, and I'm also planning to extend the Southern Lord (Concourse B) outward to the Sandkite catacombs and the "Far East" NPC village. How goes the Katalonian development?
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:43 am

Made it to the river! Leg 1 is two thirds completed! As an added benefit, the line ended up running directly over a ravine. Pretty sweet.
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Southern Lord Express progress updates Empty Thoughts on Klourthian Connection

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:52 am

Southern Lord Express progress updates Geoff_10

I think the orange route is my favorite option of these, and I will take it upon myself to work on the route. I think I would prefer to actually tunnel into the mountains rather than try to go over them, so it wont add to the gold cost. I am happy to do the tunneling. I will also likely set up my station inside the mountains, similar to the Sandarian station. I probably wont be on tonight (Tuesday), but can start looking for a good access point tomorrow.
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

http://www.roflinitiative.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Excellent! The orange one it is!

Leg 1 should be finished tonight (To Mordaria) and I'll start on Leg 2 tomorrow towards Klourthia and Clayton.

I should reach the end of that red line on the diagram sometime tomorrow.
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:12 am

Ok the rail is now to Mordaria and leg 1 is complete. I'm going to need to do more wood farming before I can start on leg 2 but I'll probably get started on it tomorrow. One more thing to consider when you plot your station: The Southern Lord Express is going to be a express railway from Sandaria to Riverside... in other words, I'm putting in a station at clayton and platforms at the other two NPC villages, but no unpowered stops. That way ,Steve and I can visit each other by clicking once and going AFK... rather than having to return several times to button-push ourselves along from the various destinations, and we'll be able to send supplies all along the southern corridor without worrying about them getting caught.

Basically what I'm saying is be sure to give yourself enough room so that visitors have time to recognize their stop and left click a few times to stop the minecart. In other words, don't make your platform short... it doesn't sound like you were planning to make a short platform but I figured I should still clarify!
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:55 am

Okay, if you can turn towards Klourthia at x=-713 and raise the rails to y=75, I'll dig into the mountain to create a passage.
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:48 am

Alright, son. Better get ready. Tomorrow I'll finish the sideskirts of leg 1, leg 2 construction begins on friday.
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:46 pm

It looks as though we'll need about 1900 rail to make it from Mordaria to Clayton (not counting the extra rail we'll need laterally to connect into Klourthia). I should have the skirts of the leg 1 finished tonight.
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:47 am

It shouldn't take any extra rail to cut through Klourthia. Since everything is on a grid, as long as you don't backtrack, the total rail required doesn't change. Anyway, I have the first tunnel dug into the Klourthian hills, and I'm now lining up the turn to run the rail towards Clayton.
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:35 am

Well the map is slightly distorted angle-wise so I'm not sure how many steps further north/south we'll end up stepping but it won't be much so really it's about 1900. I'll be starting on leg 2 tomorrow. I got to about 800 wood tonight so we're set as far as the frame goes.
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:59 pm

I've also been laying in a bit of wood track through my mountain tunnels... that just sounds dirty!
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:38 pm

A little over 1/3 of the way there.
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:42 pm

Still planning to take that right at -713?
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:38 am

Right turn at -713 completed. 2/3 of the way there. Better be ready for us, son.
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:57 am

-713 looks like it's going to put us shy of the mountains altogether? Possibly?
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:28 am

Yes. -713 and raise up to 75y and you'll line right up with my tunnels once you hit the mountains.
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:49 am

We're taking a break to suicide and let our XP expire. It might be connected tonight.
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:51 am

Ok so I followed your directions to the letter and hit your tunnel. My depth perception when looking at the megamap is apparently a little off. The line looks like a cross between what I drew in blue and what I drew in orange. It turns where the blue line turns and goes straight, meeting Klourthia where the orange line hits.

There is one issue remaining on leg 2. Approaching at -713, 75 the line comes right up next to a ridge that mobs could easily drop on it from, so you'll need to take care of that by either:

A. Digging away the wall of that ridge so it's farther from the line
B. Blocking off the ridge up top and lighting the thing with torches
C. Putting a canopy of some sort over the line. A glass canopy would - I think - be a pretty way to enter Klourthia Smile

I actually had this problem in Sandaria. Creepers can drop off nearby cliffs onto the line if the line is within a few meters of the cliff edge. Endermen may also be a threat.

The rail itself is not yet to the tunnel because we ran out of iron on our final approach and also because of the mob-proofing thing, but if you need to use the rail you can run about 100 meters from your tunnel and find where it starts Smile

I should clarify, "we" = me + Steve who showed up as we neared the end of the desert and helped make nice short work of what was left of leg 2. Thanks Steve! And also thanks for... ya know... financing the whole operation Wink

We looked at your tower/building and it looks pretty neat! We like the colors and layout and attention to detail. Lots of stonework. Very cool. We couldn't find a bedroom so we made our own Wink You'll see. We... used your bed so you should make sure to reset your spawn.

Anyway, you're almost fully wired in! The instrastructure is in place anyway, and if you've got 64 iron you can basically wire yourself in at this point once that part of the line leading into the tunnel is secured. In the meanwhile, once I've finished adding in the glass sides to the scenic parts of leg 2, I'd like to get started on leg 3 to Sandlock and Clayton. Can you direct me to the coordinates of the tunnel exiting Klourthia?

P.S. I left a box of gear in the mouth of your tunnel, totally feel free to move it if it's in your way, just let me know if you do so that I can find the stuff!
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:45 pm

I do plan to modify the entrances to all the tunnels so they are mob-safed. Hopefully I'll have some time to work on that this weekend.
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Also, if you need more cobble, feel free to mine it from my generator out in front of my tower. Just chop off the end of the dong-like spur that juts out from the ball-like vats of lava and water and it will replenish itself.
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Excellent! I think max might avail himself of that. Also, where is the tunnel to go out to Clayton? I'd like to begin construction on that part of the railway.
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:50 pm

Vinz_Klourtho wrote:Also, if you need more cobble, feel free to mine it from my generator out in front of my tower. Just chop off the end of the dong-like spur that juts out from the ball-like vats of lava and water and it will replenish itself.

Wow, what a clever idea.
Admin
Admin
Admin

====
Trading: gold
Building: cocks

https://dtcommons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:02 am

The line now runs through to Clayton.
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next