Dirt Town Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***IMPORTANT: MARTIAL LAW HAS BEEN DECLARED

3 posters

Go down

Thoughts?

***IMPORTANT:  MARTIAL LAW HAS BEEN DECLARED I_vote_lcap0%***IMPORTANT:  MARTIAL LAW HAS BEEN DECLARED I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
***IMPORTANT:  MARTIAL LAW HAS BEEN DECLARED I_vote_lcap100%***IMPORTANT:  MARTIAL LAW HAS BEEN DECLARED I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

***IMPORTANT:  MARTIAL LAW HAS BEEN DECLARED Empty ***IMPORTANT: MARTIAL LAW HAS BEEN DECLARED

Post  Admin Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:59 pm

The transition to 1.8 was successful but during the Black Tuesday crash the map files were corrupted. We have reverted to an older save but the problem is it is from the 9th. That's a lot of work that is missing. In order to rectify the situation I have declared Martial Law.

Until further notice, everyone is an OP and should use the /help and /gamemode commands to set themselves to Creative mode, in order to rebuild what they had made more quickly and to restore us to the status of the 14th. Using the /give command will allow you to restore whatever items you may have lost. Those of you who are OPs can OP everyone else who needs it.

Good luck.

[No cheating.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

====
Trading: gold
Building: cocks

https://dtcommons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

***IMPORTANT:  MARTIAL LAW HAS BEEN DECLARED Empty Re: ***IMPORTANT: MARTIAL LAW HAS BEEN DECLARED

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:41 am

So, how do the /help and gamemode commands work? Do you enter them in the chat field?
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

http://www.roflinitiative.com

Back to top Go down

***IMPORTANT:  MARTIAL LAW HAS BEEN DECLARED Empty Re: ***IMPORTANT: MARTIAL LAW HAS BEEN DECLARED

Post  Admin Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:38 am

Yeah, just hit 't' to talk and type '/help' '/give' etc
Admin
Admin
Admin

====

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:03 am

VERY IMPORTANT. I just noticed a new patch was released at about 1:30am. The server was set up for v1.80 yesterday, but I think Alex is in bed, so DON'T DOWNLOAD THE LATEST PATCH because I'm not sure if it'll work with the server at the moment. If you are still at version 1.7, go ahead and try the latest patch and see if you can make it work. 1.7 won't work now either way.

---------------------------------------------

Now, regarding rebuilding

When you log in and see how much of your work is missing, I guarantee you will be pissed.

But rest assured, when you're in godmode (invincible, unlimited everything, and you can hover) and you know what you want your work to look like, it goes much far faster. I just redid 3 days of work in about 4 hours. I'm still about 1 day's work behind but I'm pretty sure I can knock that out in another hour and a half. Knowing what you want to accomplish, having to harvest materials, banging with the axe, etc. are actually the biggest time-consumers. The mere motions go by relatively quickly.

Important tips

1. Anything you click on in godmode is destroyed instantly. This is awesome because large excavations (Seth's giant hallway/entrance) for example go much quicker. Be careful though not to accidentally left click on doors and chests. Right click instead. Because left-clicking on doors was - for me - a hard habit to break, it's not a bad idea to keep a door in your 10 inventory slots so you don't have to fumble through all the items to find a door each time you make the mistake of left-clicking on one. It'll save you a lot of time.

2. To initiate flying/hovering, double-tap the spacebar. Hold down space to ascend, hold down shift to descend. Double-tap spacebar again to exit flying. Don't worry about falling - you're invincible to literally everything except falling out of the world (which can only happen if you left click on the tortoise shell and go down under it).

3. It's tempting to ignore the creeps entirely because you are invincible. Just remember, creepers can't hurt YOU but they can sure hurt your stuff. Keep your bow out. Remember, you now have to hold down right click if you want any range with the latest patch.

4. Expect large paintings to simply appear as black smudges. It's not just you - it's everybody. Chests are also turning on their sides. These errors are both consequences of the 1.8 patch.

5. Watermelons are not indigenous to our biome because it predates v1.80 Feel free to use godmode to introduce them to your farms.

6. F3 no longer reveals monsters, not even in godmode. Keep your speakers on to avoid unwanted surprise explosions destroying your stuff.

Good luck!
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

***IMPORTANT:  MARTIAL LAW HAS BEEN DECLARED Empty Updates/Clarification

Post  Admin Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Last night's patch works fine with the server. Presumably it was to fix some things like the blacked out paintings and what not but thats not confirmed.

OPs
I op'd pretty much everyone who is on regularly enough to have lost anything in the last few days.

Being an OP
Press 't' to open the chat menu.
Type '/help' to see a list of commands.
Type the command as you see it. Some commands have parameters, like the /give command has player, item, and how much. Use minecraftwiki.net to look up things like data values for items.

Activating Creative/Godmode
'/gamemode [yourname] 1'

Deactivating Creative/Godmode
'/gamemode [yourname] 0'
Admin
Admin
Admin

====

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down