Dirt Town Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Ideas

4 posters

Go down

Project Ideas Empty Project Ideas

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:52 pm

Share your ideas and plans for projects here. Perhaps we should also keep a running ticker on the status of major, ongoing builds like the great railway.

My current projects include the following:
  • Finish paving the road to my house
  • Repair the creeper damage to my mineshaft ladder

Future projects:
  • Build a mountaintop observatory
  • Build a slime harvester[/url]. It automatically chops slimes down to the smallest size, transports them from bedrock to the surface and holds them in a dunk tank for drowning and harvest of the slime balls at your convenience. What's not to love!? Sticky pistons galore! I have one in my SSP world and it's AWESOME! - I haven't been here for a week yet, so I can't post this as a link, but see an example at youtu.be/iuLmlKpACXk
  • Build a dedicated mob grinder for public use

Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

http://www.roflinitiative.com

Back to top Go down

Project Ideas Empty Re: Project Ideas

Post  chia Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:49 pm

I think we need to start building mock ups of the holy golden shaft.

My projects are all pretty small.
mining out under my base, keeping my base out of view, farming, and filling in holes made on the plains.

My favorite thing I have found exploring is the sheer cliff that acts as a high dive.

I want to build a shooting range, I have an idea for a mechanism.
I would also like to build a spleef arena at some point.
chia
chia
Admin

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Project Ideas Empty cobble cobble...

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:59 pm

So, I have 1600 cobble that I just recovered while digging out my slime farm. We could sure pretty up the railroad with it.
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  FCPancakeIII Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Eventually the rail should reflect the grandeur of our civilizations. Cobblestone is a good start.
FCPancakeIII
FCPancakeIII

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Project Ideas Empty Factory Farming

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:09 pm

The whole animal breeding situation is proving to be a pain in the butt. I have a hard time keeping them from escaping when I go in to randy them up, so I have decided to set up an automated factory farm in Klourthia.

Phase 1: Egg laying operation. I plan to build an egg gathering machine so I don't have to worry as much about actually breeding chickens

Phase 2: Chicken maturing chamber. I'll build a pen where chickens can grow

Phase 3: Chicken Harvester. The harvester will be attached to the maturing chamber. I'll likely flush the birds into the harvester using water. They'll get ground up using lava and drop their meat and feathers at a pickup point.

Phase 4: Profit! Arrows for all!

On an unrelated note, I built a brew pub out in front of my castle last night. It has a full potion brewing setup and a Seattle hipster ambiance.
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:09 pm

That all sounds most excellent! I look forward to seeing the finished product!

Also, always feel free to drop by Sandaria. I uh... have an abundance of livestock at any given time.
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Project Ideas Empty Klourthian Mobworks

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Hey all,

I just finished constructing a massive mob drop tower for harvesting arrows, gunpowder and bones. At the moment it's functional but reeeeeally ugly. I plan to pretty the building up a bit. I really like the top-left image below, and would like to encase the spawner in something similar.
Project Ideas Dubai_projects_structures

In order to increase the spawn rate in my tower, I've been going on a cave-lighting spree near my base. The cave system under Klourthia is absolutely ginormous and includes at least one abandoned mine shaft. I also found what may be the biggest natural cave chamber I've seen to date in Minecraft. I want to get it lit up and then perhaps I'll turn it into some crazy underground grotto or something. I didn't think to grab a screen cap, but I'll put one in when I get back there.

Anyone who would like to join me in my caving expeditions, come on down!
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Oh, man.

Someone needs to turn a stargate into Goatse!
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Wed May 23, 2012 3:27 am

I have extended the southern lord rail line so that it goes into Kite's basement.

Also, is anyone interested in building a nethercastle? Basically my idea is: we build a castle... in the nether... fancy stone and flashy architecture, towers and walls, palace, courtyard and garden, possibly a church, sandstone floors, decadent rooms, glass columns... I was thinking we could build it suspended way out over all that lava in that big main area between the Sandarian gate and the Skull Mountain gate and we could have fancy covered walkways extending away from it toward the gates. Basically, with such a gate, we could pop into the nether, relax, and moon the ghasts from the comfort of our glass and stone fortress. Also, fuck the ghasts! Very Happy
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum