Dirt Town Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecart Cargo Spur Line

2 posters

Go down

Minecart Cargo Spur Line Empty Minecart Cargo Spur Line

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:46 am

While playing around in my test world, I developed a system for sorting occupied minecarts from storage carts and other "empty" carts. It's pretty simple and works by utilizing the difference in momentum between empty and full carts. I used it to build a station in one of my mines that has separate arrival tracks for storage carts and rider-filled carts. It seems to work pretty well.

Minecart Cargo Spur Line 2012-010

Here's the setup in my test world. Ignore the weird bend on the lower track and the hole above the center track. Those were both the result of tinkering and are not important to the final product. Anyway, each of the powered rails have 5 tracks between them. and the repeater is set to the slowest setting. The exact delay varies depending on your track configuration. My station in the Klourthian mines uses two repeaters to get the timing right, but I can't imagine needing more than that. The idea is that occupied carts reach the "Y" in the track at the same time as the signal from the detector rail. The slower storage carts, however, don't get there until the "Y" has switched back to normal.

The detector rail on the lower spur temporarily switches the Y to the correct configuration for outbound carts.

Depending on space, I'm sure you could set the two spurs up with two way piston stations. One way could be outbound while the other sends carts to a Pez dispenser so they could be called later.
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

http://www.roflinitiative.com

Back to top Go down

Minecart Cargo Spur Line Empty Re: Minecart Cargo Spur Line

Post  mcguinty Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Nice work Vinz. This looks like it will be pretty useful.
mcguinty
mcguinty

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum