Dirt Town Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nether Fortress found!

3 posters

Go down

Nether Fortress found! Empty Nether Fortress found!

Post  DashMorlock Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:25 am

Folks! Scott and I have officially found our first (and possibly second) Nether Fortress(es). We came back with a haul of 31 Blazing Rods. I have set up an Alchemy lab in MorlockMines main office if anyone needs. Otherwise I'm willing to part with 1 rod per person for now until we can get down in there and farm some more. Currently going through the process of learning about the potions and how to mix what to get the one you want. I have some screenshots from the first sight of it that I'll post later.
DashMorlock
DashMorlock

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Nether Fortress found! Empty Re: Nether Fortress found!

Post  Sandarian Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:32 am

I can confirm Steve's and my earlier discovery that, no, there are not any strongholds currently in our server. In single player I went and found one in my test server. The eyes should, if they are working properly, not only point at the STRONGHOLD, but actually point directly to the endergate within the stringhold. That is what mine did. In fact, i drilled down so excitedly that I drilled through the endergate, rendering it inoperable Sad It's just as well. I want to go to the ender with YOU guys, not on my own anyway Very Happy

The point is, we definitely don't have one... YET!!!!

The eyes of ender currently all seem to point to a spot just north of Clayton, except in one spot near skull mountain where, because of some sort of error, they point exactly 180 degrees the opposite way on a few squares.

If anyone tosses an ender eye anywhere in the server and it points in another direction (away from Clayton), please post right away.

By the way, I realized the other night in the shower, which is where I do 99% of my thinking, that we only ever need 2 ender eyes to find a stronghold, thanks to this thing called trigonometry which I'm sure you're all familiar with. We can triangulate by tossing two ender eyes from two different squares a decent distance from each other and getting the lateral slope of the travel paths of the eyes and calculate the exact square where they are pointing.
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  mcguinty Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Where is the Nether Fortress? It sounds like a nice place to visit. Very Happy
mcguinty
mcguinty

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:55 am

Take the Empire Builder International line north to Morlock Mines. Go down into Morlock Mines main entrance. On the other side of the stairs, a little past the office, on your right, there's a door to the nethergate. Through the nethergate, go up the cobble stairs and follow the path into the nether fortress! Very Happy
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  mcguinty Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:25 pm

I accidentally went too far on the rail and it looks like the station in the big walled off area got griefed.

Funny story, I made it through the Nether Fortress fine but I died walking around the courtyard. I picked up some nether brick if that's okay. I mined it from an area where I don't think many will see.
mcguinty
mcguinty

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:03 pm

That'd be Max's station. What about it looks griefed?
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  mcguinty Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:54 pm

It's almost filled with dirt and some of the blocks are missing.
mcguinty
mcguinty

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down