Dirt Town Commons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New map up and new proposed rail lines

2 posters

Go down

New map up and new proposed rail lines Empty New map up and new proposed rail lines

Post  Sandarian Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:42 am

A new map is up. Alex and I found one that works. I know it doesn't have the signs and beds and stuff and the angles are more askew, but it has a night/day/cave feature and also it actually loads and quickly!

dirttown.jumpingcrab.com:8080 is the address

I'm proposing two new rail lines. The lines you see in red and orange already exist, orange is not yet hooked up to Sandaria Terminal but the track itself is down. Yellow is a proposed track that would connect thunderdome, spleef arena, and honeywell's mines.

Purple is a proposed track that would connect the Sandkite Catacombs (Kite's and my mineshaft and twin ravines).

Does anybody have any input on the routes of either of these lines? In particular, honeywell, is there a particular spot you'd want the track to link up to on your end? And does anyone have any ideas for anything in particular they'd like the purple one to pass? I was thinking of having it run right outside of the wall by Kite's house, past the quarry office.

New map up and new proposed rail lines Propos10
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

New map up and new proposed rail lines Empty Re: New map up and new proposed rail lines

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:28 am

New map up and new proposed rail lines Trax

Okay, here is an example schematic of how we could adjust the Sandaria launcher design to accommodate 4 destinations. The four torches in the center represent the destination select buttons, while the two by the track junctions represent switcher tracks timed to send the rider onto the desired track. Note: this diagram is not to scale as I will have to play around with the standard launch circuitry before I can tell how much it will expand by adding 2 more destinations. I plan to start on the Sandaria station tonight and will design with the expanded functionality in mind.
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

http://www.roflinitiative.com

Back to top Go down

New map up and new proposed rail lines Empty Re: New map up and new proposed rail lines

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:47 am

I got the main lines hooked up in Sandaria Station and was working on setting up the circuitry to eventually allow for additional destinations when the server went down. The launcher to go between Sandaria and the harbor station should be working though.
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandarian Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:23 am

Wow, you really have been at work! If it makes it any easier, all we really need is the automatic stop and the button to push to go both ways.

The other 2 lines are going to run on concourse B (not yet built) so we won't need a complicated switch. Is there any way we can get the stop and go without having the floor elevated? And is there anything else I can do to help out?
Sandarian
Sandarian

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vinz_Klourtho Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:27 am

Unfortunately, using a half block on top of the single block is the lowest I can make it and still cover the circuits and pistons, because each button has a circuit out the back as well as out the bottom of the block. I actually lowered the profile of the original design which used a 2 block-high wall. You could easily even out the platform by adding 1/2 blocks to the rest of it if you want a smooth-looking surface.

I can go ahead and leave off the other two circuits if you are working on a separate concourse, though I know exactly how they will go in leaving only the question of adjusting the timing at the switcher tracks.
Vinz_Klourtho
Vinz_Klourtho

====
Trading:
Building:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down